I hope you are doing well.
Here are some updates for this week.
· We currently have ZERO active cases of Covid-19 in our school
Return to School
· In-person teaching and learning will resume next week
· Grade 9, 10 & 11 students will attend following a hybrid schedule (attached – the previous version had a small typo, please discard and use this one instead)
· Grade 7 & 8 students will attend every day
Safety Procedures and Protocols
· Students will use the same designated entry points that they used prior to the school closure period
· We will continue to provide medical masks to students
· You may choose to purchase your own medical masks for your children – this is fine, but NO CLOTH masks will be permitted
· Students and staff are required to be masked at all times while in our building or on school property
· Please continue to monitor your child for symptoms and do not send them to school if they are not feeling well
· I have attached the symptom protocol to this email
Non-Teaching Professionals Strike
· The WQSB non-teaching professionals will be exercising their right to strike next Wednesday, May 19th – in the morning only
· The WQSB has made the decision to cancel classes until noon on that day
· Because of our Wednesday schedule, periods 1, 2 and 3 will be cancelled
· Period 4 will be delivered to all students virtually
· I have attached a letter from the WQSB regarding the strike to this email
“Getting Organized” Webinar
· Connexions is hosting a free webinar on June 1 for parents and students to help them get organized for end of year evaluations
· They will be offering tips and strategies on how to get organized, take notes, manage time and reduce stress
We are really looking forward to welcoming everyone back into the building! This will be another period of transition for everyone, but we are confident that we will adjust quickly. It will be a busy end to the academic year and we are committed to supporting our students. Please reach out to us if there is anything we can do to help.
Take care and enjoy the weekend!
Symmes Junior High School/D’Arcy McGee High School
819-684-7472 x 437001