Happy New Year!
I hope you all enjoyed a peaceful holiday season.
Here is some information for this week:
- As I’m sure you are aware, keeping up with testing has been challenging for the health sector
- There has been significant lag times with reporting cases back to schools
- I have had some families reach out to me directly to communicate a positive test result but with the exception of the one case I reported to you on Christmas day, I have not heard from Public Health about these other cases
- I am only able to report cases confirmed to me by Public Health to our community
- Because of this, I don’t feel as though I can accurately report how many cases we have in our school community at this time
Online Teaching and Learning
- Teachers and students once again started virtual classes today
- As of now, we are expected to continue online until a return to in-person learning on January 17th
- I have attached the WQSB expectations for staff, parents and students to this email
- Please visit our school’s guidance page for resources to support your child during these ongoing challenging times:
- I have attached flyers for some upcoming free webinars offered by Connexions
- Parent-Child Speech & Language Workshops
- Grieving Child / Youth
- ADHD & Youth
- Staying Safe Online
This is certainly not the way we had expected to start 2022! I remain hopeful that we will return to in-person learning soon.
Please be reminded that next Friday January 14th is a PD day – no virtual classes for students.
Symmes Junior High School/D’Arcy McGee High School
819-684-7472 x 437001