I hope you are doing well.
We had a fantastic Love is Louder week! We are inspired by the messages of hope and positivity demonstrated by our staff and students.
Here is some information for this week:
June Exam Schedule
- Here is the final June exam schedule
- Please review it with your child
- Pease note that this schedule will also be posted to our website and QR codes linked to the schedule will be posted around the school
- Attendance at final exams is mandatory and the following rules (as outlined by the Ministry of Education) will be applied:
- A student who is absent from an examination without a valid excuse will receive a mark of zero for the exam in question
- Absence from an examination will be excused for one of the following reasons:
- Illness or accident confirmed by a medical report or certificate
- Death of a close relative
- A court summons
- Participation in a provincial or national event
- A student who is absent from an examination in the May/June Examination Period may choose to register to write the missed exam during the WQSB Summer School session
Grade 11 Graduation Ceremony
- Wednesday June 28th at 2pm in the gymnasium
- In order to help us plan, please complete the following survey by May 19th: https://forms.office.com/r/fJaqXLKr0T
- Your grade 11 student will also receive a form in their WQSB email account requesting their height so that we can order the proper graduation gowns – please remind them to complete this!
WQSB Summer School
- Please find the following documents concerning Summer School below:
- Summer School is organized by the Western Quebec School Board and not at the local school level
- Please note that all courses/tutorials/exams are held at Philemon Wright High School
- If you have questions about summer school, please reach out to the principal directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade 11 Prom Tickets
- Tickets for prom will go on sale on May 1st until May 15th
- You can purchase your ticket here: www.promnight.ca
- If you require financial assistance, please reach out to me directly for confidential and discrete support
Shrek the Musical!
- May 11th – May 13th, 7pm in the auditorium
- Students can purchase tickets in the cafeteria during lunch starting on Monday May 1st
- Parents can purchase tickets at our reception desk starting on Monday May 1st or at the door
- Tickets for students/children = $7, tickets for adults = $10
- You may have heard about a school bus strike in the media
- Please note that this strike does NOT impact our school and we are grateful that our buses will continue running as usual
Have a great weekend!