I hope you all are enjoying these last precious days of summer.
It’s almost time for the students to return to school and we are really excited to welcome everyone back!
Here is some start-up information:
- August 30th – all grade 8 & 9 students as well as our PY1 students start school – other grades DO NOT attend
- August 31st – all grade 7, 10 & 11 students as well as our PY2 & PY3 students start school – other grades DO NOT attend
- September 1st – ALL STUDENTS are in school
- Bus information for your child will be available on the parent portal on August 26th and 27th ONLY
- Please make sure you check the portal for this information
- If you cannot find the information, please contact Ms. Anne Spear (email@example.com) for assistance
- Please visit our website (https://symmesdarcy.westernquebec.ca) for a general school supply list
- It is recommended that your child attend school on the first day with general supplies (full pencil case, calculator, binder, paper) and wait to hear if there are specific materials required for particular classes
- Students will once again have access to lockers! Please send your child with a combination lock on the first day or one can be purchased at reception for $5.00 cash
- Once again, the WQSB is offering remote learning for students who qualify for a medical exemption
- If your child attended virtual school last year, they must complete a NEW exemption request and provide an UPDATED medical note
- I have attached the instructions and exemption request form to this email
- For more information on the WQSB Online Learning Academy, please visit https://onlineacademy.westernquebec.ca/
- You can also reach out directly to the Principal, Mr. Patrick Hall at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have received some information that schools will continue to partner with Public Health to support vaccines for students aged 12 and over – we will share all of the details once we have an established plan
- You do not have to wait for the school based campaign if you would like to bring your child in for a vaccine prior to the start of school – please visit https://portal3.clicsante.ca for more information
We have been receiving some information regarding Covid-19 protocols and there is more information coming. I will be sending out a detailed back to school plan at the end of the week that will provide you with the most up-to-date information. Thank you for your patience as this situation continues to evolve. Please know that the health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority
What We Know Now
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks when they enter our building
- Our classes have been organized in non-static/heterogeneous groupings – this means they WILL NOT be with the same group of students for all of their classes
- Students can remove their masks when outside
- Students will have access to the gym
- Any of these things could change over time
What We Are Waiting To Learn
- How our cafeteria services can be structured
- How extracurricular activities will function
- If students can remove their masks in the classroom
- The precise symptom protocols
We know that this year will have challenges and unexpected things could happen.
We learned a lot through our experiences last year. What we know for sure is that we have resilient students and we will face the inevitable obstacles and hurdles and move through this time together. We are confident that with your support, we will be able to navigate things smoothly and that your children will have a positive experience at our school.
We can’t wait to see your kids!
D’Arcy McGee High School ~ Symmes Junior High School
819-684-7472 x 437001