I hope you are doing well and that you enjoyed the summer.
Here is some important information regarding our start-up and opening. days:
- There are currently no Covid-19 protocols for schools to follow.
- Masking/distancing/sanitizing is not currently required.
- Students can choose to wear a mask if they want.
- GREAT NEWS!
- I received information just moments ago that buses WILL be running on the first day of school!
- I do not yet have information on when bus information will be updated to the parent portal and will communicate as soon as I do
- We realize this was a stressful few days for families and I am so happy to share positive information
First Days of School
- August 30th – Grade 7, 9, 10, PY1, PY2 attend school (all other grades stay home)
- August 31st – Grade 8, 11, PY3, Centre of Excellence attend school (all other grades stay home)
- September 1st – All grades attend school
- Here is a link with our suggested school supplies and the 2022-2023 school calendar:
- Students arriving by bus (YAY!) will enter through the cafeteria doors and will be greeted by personnel who will direct them to the appropriate location
- If you are dropping your child off or if they are biking/walking, they should walk around the side of the building to enter through the cafeteria doors – there will be staff present to direct them
- Students will be given their schedule when they arrive
- Please reassure your child that there will be many, many helpful adults available to support and guide them through the day
- Our cafeteria will be open for students to purchase lunch if they want
- I have attached the 2022-2023 health form to this email – please complete it and have your child drop it off at our reception desk or with a teacher during the first few days of school
- We are waiting to hear from the WQSB about when and how you will be able to pay school fees
- As soon as I receive this information, I will share it with you
- You can find the breakdown of school fees here:
Virtual Option for Medically Exempt
- A provincial project for an online school has been approved which will be run by the English Montreal School Board
- We are awaiting information on how to register and when classes will begin and I will communicate that with you
- We are happy to announce that Ms. Kate Smith will be joining our administrative team
- Kate is a former Symmes-D’Arcy McGee teacher and experienced Vice-Principal – we are lucky to have her!
- Constance George –Student Services, Curriculum Development, Student Engagement – email@example.com
- Kate Smith – Students with last name A-L – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Byrne – Students with last name M-Z – email@example.com
- Holly Richardson – Students with last name A-F – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine Hale – Students with last name G-M – email@example.com
- Franny Maloney – Students with last name N-Z – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so excited for the 2022-2023 school year and for the return of our students!
Ms. Tara Laine